I got an Award Nomination! I am so happy! Thank you Sakshi from SaVi Book Adventures for tagging me!
The rules of the award are:
- Acknowledge the person who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you.
- Give eleven random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs who you think deserve it
- Let the bloggers know you’ve nominated them.
- Give your eleven question to the nominees.
Let’s get started, shall we?
In this part, I will be answering Sakshi’s questions!
Q1. What is that one book you know will get you out of your slump?
Definitely Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen! I love that book so much! It’s such a lighthearted and easy read. I’m sure it’ll put me back into my reading routine during a pathetic slump!
Q2. Which country most fascinates you?
Actually, mostly all of the European countries fascinates me! For this, I have to choose two! I choose France (especially Paris) and Scotland! I love the city of Paris (and would love to go back one day) and the beautiful sceneries and castles of Scotland!
Q3. Describe in a sentence- Why you became a blogger?
I wanted to try something new. People all over Bookstagram have their own blogs, and they seem to have fun writing blog posts and all that. I wanted to try it for myself. It looks like a great idea! Well, it is. I love writing (not novels) as well. I always enjoy typing my ideas and brain vomit! I thought writing blog posts would enhance my writing.
Q4. What is your favorite street food?
There are lots of street food here in the Philippines! My favorite has to be “Kwek kwek”!(Fried Orange Quail Eggs) I know it sounds weird. I think it’s really delicious! It tastes good with vinegar. If ever you go to the Philippines, definitely try this!
Q5. List the songs in your playlist ( if you have one ) or the current song.
I have been listening to some songs over and over! I’m going to include the playlist here! You can listen to it while reading this blog post!
Q6. Who’s your favorite YouTuber (or Blogger)?
I’m going to answer both. Um, with the YouTubers, there are 2 different categories. From BookTube, my 2 favorites are definitely Zoe (ReadByZoe) and Regan (PeruseProject)! From the beauty and lifestyle category, my favorite is Meredith Foster! I enjoy their videos so much! For the blogger, my favorite is Cait from PaperFury! Her posts never fail to make me laugh or smile! She’s my inspiration!
Q7. Give the story behind your Blog Title
*clears throat* *puts on storytelling voice a.k.a. Morgan Freeman voice* Once upon a time, there was a girl named Kat. She’s loves reading books. In fact, she reads a lot! She decided to make a blog one day and called it KatReadsALot, because her name is Kat and she reads a lot. The End. Does it make sense now? The mystery behind my blog name is now revealed…
Q8. That one subject in school that brought/brings you to tears?
MATH. Don’t even ask about it.
Q9. Are you a hard-core Potterhead? Either way, do you think that recently it has been overhyped?
Guess who hasn’t read any of the HP books yet?! Spoiler alert : Me. Okay, hold your pitchforks and clubs! I have to be honest here. I don’t plan on reading the HP books now or anytime soon. I don’t feel like reading them. I guess I’m not interested in the story. I’m sorry. Also, I have been spoiled tremendously. Now, I don’t know if it’s overhyped. That’s not an opinion for me to make…
Q10. What are your general thoughts on Funko Pops?
I think they’re adorable! I need one… or two! I have been planning on getting two! I want to get Hook (OUAT) and the Scarlet Witch (Avengers)! They’re really cute!
Q11. In 10 or less words, tell me about your WILDEST daydream!
Umm… “I had a supermodel body and that I’m not single” is the wildest I could think of. Well, right now. I’m always daydreaming of having a nice body and that I’m in a relationship with the man of my dreams! I have been dreaming about this really amazing guy (who I haven’t met… or maybe I have) and that we’re madly in love. However, the guy’s face is blurred when I wake up. *cries* I always daydream about us. Our wedding, marriage life, etc. (very weird)
11 Random Facts about me
- My real name is Katya Allison. I prefer Kat because people always pronounce Katya wrong!(they pronounce it as Kat-cha) I don’t know why it’s always mispronounced, it’s only two syllables and the pronunciation is OBVIOUS.
- I am a Filipino! Oh and I’m 1/4 American!
- I want to become a pastry chef one day!
- I hate my legs. They bother me. They’re sort of twisted. I always try to not think about it often though, because negativity isn’t good!
- I have a thing about direct skin contact! Sometimes, I get so sensitive and sometimes it’s the other way around.
- I love spicy food!
- I have lots of celebrity crushes! I get addicted to one this day then suddenly I’m addicted to a different person! Right now I’m addicted to Dylan O’Brien and Manu Rios!
- I always try to be artsy! When I’m in the mood, I can draw or paint. I consider Make-up as art, and I enjoy it very much!
- I always have weird theories about almost everything in my head.
- I am a Christian, and one of Jehovah’s Witnesses! I appreciate it when people respect me and my religion =)
- I am very non-committal! It’s actually a surprise that I’m still blogging after about 6 months!
I nominate these amazing blogs for the Liebster Award!
- Maria’s Escape
- Rachael Rexds
- Happy Comes First
- Book Wish
- Areads The Bibliophile
- Shannon Reads
Now here are my questions for you! (If you want to answer them, it’s fine even if you don’t <3)
- What/who inspired or pushed you to enter the wonderful world of reading?
- What is your greatest fear?
- Are you a breaker of spines?
- How do you take note of your favorite quotes, lines, scenes, etc.? (ex. Dog-earing, highlighting, tabbing, etc.)
- What book/movie blew your mind? Can be both =)
- Favorite music genre/s?
- Pick your favorite: Physical books, ebooks, or audiobooks?
- Favorite Dessert or Sweets?💕
- Who is the hotest fictional character you can think of?!
- What is the worst or most disappointing book you’ve read?
- What song describes you or your life? =)
So excited to see your answers!!! Let me know when you post!