*I read the book without reading the synopsis and I recommend it! It gave me as little info as possible which made me more interested in the story! I recommend that you don’t if you haven’t read it! I mean it’s just below this paragraph but it’s up to you to scroll down or stop and read it.*
Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl.
Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.
*No Spoilers Section*
Okay… I know I’m pretty late in reading this series but it’s always better late than never! I’m very glad I read this book! I thought I wouldn’t like it because it involves cyborgs and androids and all those tech stuff. Well, it was different! I was actually pretty interested in the tech stuff throughout the whole book! If you also thought the same way, it’s not like that! I promise, take it from me! It’s an absolutely amazing book! In fact, I am recommending it to you right now if you haven’t read it!
The whole book is entertaining, interesting, and cool! It also got thrilling at some parts, especially the end! My race was racing and I was gripping on to the book hard! That’s how good it is!
For me, the coolest thing is the tech stuff or the scientific stuff! Everything was explained thoroughly! The whole cyborg ad Lunar concept is so cool!
I love the main character! I also like Kai so so so so much! Aah! OTP!
The story is narrated in the third person point of view, which is my least favorite POV, but it was actually okay! I didn’t mind! I just flew through the pages!
Lastly, I like that you get to see the original fairytale concept in the book even if there’s some kind of twist. You’ll get me when you read it! There’s not much to say anymore that couldn’t spoil you so the no spoilers end here! Go read the book!
I think I actually said the obvious parts above! I’ll be mentioning only some specific things here! It be kind of random and I’m sorry…
- The whole scientific and tech stuff. Why? Well, it’s so freaking awesome! I love the concepts! I love how the Lunars’ race sprt of evolved which gave them the ability to manipulate people. It’s not magic which is good! I’ve had enough of magic stuff. Everything felt so scientific!
- I loved the relationship between Cinder and Peony! I believe she’s Anastacia in the real fairytale? It’s just so touching how Cinder does everything to find a cure for Peony! I was actually shocked when Peony got the plague! I almost cried when Peony died! It’s so freaking touching! xD
- I liked Iko! She was fun and she entertained me! I also love her relationship with Cinder. I also almost cried when her parts were sold but gladly, her personality chip remained! I hope to see her soon! I know I will!
- Cinder is an amazing character! She has a unique personality! I can’t explain xD I actually enjoyed her being a cyborg! She can search the net in her head! I wish I could do that because that could be a great help if I forgot my homework or something… Anyways, I seriously laughed when she overheated during the time Kai almost kissed her! She gets naive sometimes which is seriously funny!
- Prince Kaito! He’s such a gentleman! He’s so sweet too! I like him so much! I can tell he seriously loves Cinder and it’s so sweeeeet! aaaaah!!!
- I almost liked the part when Kai still tried to protect Cinder even if he sort of found out that Cinder was a Lunar! However, I was heartbroken when he got mad surprised at Cinder being a cyborg! I mean I would be shocked when I girl I loved drops her foot with wires.. Imagine that! But it was still heartbreaking.. *cries*
- I hated Adri she’s soooo annoyinggg… Ugh. I want to pull her hair and drag her to the junkyard and leave her there.. Oops, too violent and mean? Well, I just hate her! I wish she’ll have the plague! xD
- Okay, one of my favorite part has to be when Pearl saw Kai at Cinder’s tent! She got jealous like crazy! Then she goes all like: You deserve to be ignored by the prince! (not exact line)Then Cinder answers like a badass: Which is what he did to you just a moment ago! DAMN! Go girl! I was seriously laughing!
- Oh and remember the mutants?! They freaking creeped me out! It reminded me of the muts from The Hunger Games! So weird and creepy…
- The part at the ball where all the revelation happens.. It got me so nervous! My heart was racing! I’m all like wth wth wth! Nooo…. Levana is sooooooo annoying! Ugh! You’re not beautiful ‘kay?! I hate her! How dare she humiliate Cinder?!?
- The ending was like woah.. Go Cinder! I was happy that Dr. Erland was on her side! I seriously need the next book now because I need to know what happens! I really want to see Cinder use her ability! I know manipulating people is mean but still…
- Lasty, I didn’t get shocked with the twist! I knew all along that Cinder is Princess Selene! Was it supposed to be obvious? Am I the only one???
We’re done! Thank you so much for reading my mixed up thoughts! I just finished the book today and everything just pops in my head and I write them because I might forget them! I love Cinder! I can’t wait to continue the series!!